Assessments, Ratings & Construction Estimates of 13 State Bridges in Pachaug State Forest & Bigelow Hollow State Park — Griswold, Voluntown & Union, Connecticut
For the Connecticut DEEP, LEI conducted preliminary assessments on 13 state-owned bridges in the Pachaug State Forest in the Towns of Griswold and Voluntown and in the Bigelow Hollow State Park in the Town of Union. The structures were located on mostly gravel forest roads over small to medium size watercourses.
Each assessment included:
• Visual inspection of the structural components, waterway, approach roads, and road accessories
• Field measurements of important dimensions, preparation of sketches and photographs
• Research and review of previous ConnDOT inspection records
• Calculation of the sufficiency and priority ratings
• Preliminary repair designs, repair priorities and construction cost opinions