Established in 1971, Lenard Engineering, Inc. (LEI) continues to grow to serve our Connecticut and Massachusetts clients from our Glastonbury, CT headquarters and our Winsted, CT and Auburn, MA branch offices.
LEI’s experienced staff provides a full range of services to complete most complex engineering and environmental projects. You will work directly with owners and senior staff of the company, each with decades of experience in their respective field, as well as our talented and enthusiastic staff of professionals.
As shown throughout this site, LEI provides turn-key services including civil and structural engineering, stormwater, dam and water resources engineering, water supply and wastewater engineering, hydrogeology, petroleum and environmental services, land surveying and construction engineering services. Our clients include State agencies, municipalities and regional planning agencies, water utilities, commercial and industrial clients, oil companies, attorneys, developers as well as other design professionals.
Our success is due to the loyalty of our repeat clients, as well as the hard work and creativity of our dedicated staff. We thank you for putting your trust in Lenard Engineering, Inc. for over 45 years, and look forward to serving you and making your project our priority.
Brief Timeline History of LEI:
- 1971 – LEI founded by John Lenard, in the basement of his Storrs, Connecticut home.
- 1975 – As LEI grows, John Lenard constructs a new office building on Route 195 in Storrs, just south of the University of Connecticut.
- 1982 – Dave Battista, PE, one of the current partners, joins LEI.
- 1984 – James Ericson, PE, one of the current partners joins LEI after two years as a water supply engineer at the State Health Department, adding to the firm’s water supply expertise.
- 1985 – Paul Magyar, PE, Senior Structural Engineer, joins LEI and begins firms structural engineering consulting.
- 1988 – Mark Temple, LEP, joins LEI, and starts firms hydrogeologic and environmental services section.
- 1989 – Dave Battista, PE, opens LEI’s Winsted, Connecticut office to better serve our Western Connecticut clients.
- 1994 – Todd Parsons, PE, one of the current partners, joins LEI after nearly a decade of civil / site planning experience at Conklin & Siroka Engineers in Cheshire, CT.
- 2000 – LEI opens our Auburn, Massachusetts office.
- 2005 – After 35 years, John Lenard retires, with business operations transitioned to the four current partners, Mark Temple, James Ericson, Dave Battista and Todd Parsons.
- 2010 – LEI constructs new Corporate Headquarters on Main Street in Glastonbury, CT, centrally located to better serve our Connecticut clients statewide.